2009-10-14

A Rose by Any Other Name...

I caught the Challenge bug! lol Here is another card I made for another Challenge, this time it's for Just magnolia. This is also my first entry for Just magnolia, I hope it's good enough. I had lots of fun making this card, as you can see, there are many many details.

I call this card "A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet" from Romeo and Juliet. I've stamped the image on acetate then heat emboss (careful not to melt the acetate) with gold embossing powder on the front of the card. There's also a pull-out tag for a picture or just a little sweet note tuck behind the colored image on the inside. Beautiful charm, lace, tulle, and flowers were also added for that extra finishing touch. :)

I'm having so much fun coloring other images other then my Gurlee Girl stamp, but don't worry, the girls will be back in town! lol

Keep creating and thank you for your comments and support! :)

My Card Recipe:

"A Rose by Any Other Name"

Stamps:Magnolia - Tilda with Rose

Papers: K & Company, DCWV, Prima

Medium: Distress Ink & Prismacolor Water Color

Embellishments: Prima flowers, Ribbons, Trim, Charm

13 comments:

  1. Chelsea, this is beautiful hun, so pretty and she is one of my fav's
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Chelsea this is just absolutely stunning! WOW.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is UNBELIEVABLE!! Embossing on acetate! That is fantastic! I know I would be the one to melt the acetate for sure! LOL! All those details are amazing. Your coloring is incredible to begin with and then there are all those other things. I get so excited, I don't know what to look at first! LOL! Looking at your cards is like opening a Christmas present. Seeing each detail of the card brings another "Ooooooo!" and "Ahhhhh!" just like when kids open another new present.
    I do so LOVE those boxes that show each part of the card in close up detail! But I keep my magnifying glass close by, just in case! LOL!
    Your talent just continues to amaze me. This is truly a MAGNIFICENT card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! This is BEAUTIFUL Chelsea! I loooooove it! I love the effect that you've made here! Just so gorgeous! Everything is just perfect!!!
    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, lovely papers and embellies, thanks for joining our challenge over at JM this week :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Chelsea - STUNNING but even more than that lol! its so beautiful!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning.......your attention to detail is just brilliant!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really sweet honey, love all the little extras, and the stamping on accette, perfect, hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, just popped by to say hello and thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I sincerely appreciate your lovely words....your Magnolia card is absolutely magnificent! The charm is the perfect touch...

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. chelsea, your cards are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! Wicked cool technique with the embossing on acetate. I will have to try it. I absolutely love how it came out. Chelsea my dear you are so inspirational. Huggies Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoW...just stunning!!! This card is sooo beautiful!!! I luv the emobossed acetate.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete