2010-02-17

Love U

For me the best gift for Valentine's Day are flowers...lots and lots of craft flowers!!! So I've made myself a little box full of my handmade chiffon flowers and a mixture of Prima flowers. Of course, my hubby did not make these flowers for me! LOL

The tutorial for making these beautiful chiffon flowers can by found at Midnight Madness Challenge blog. Thanks for the great tutorial. These flowers are fairly easy to make, just be careful not to burn "stuff". I've added some Prima center to make the flower more complete.

I made this flowing my own CLP #21 challenge and a few other below. Like most of my coloring, she was done in Distress Ink and Pearl Ex powdered pigments. I really like the added shimmer on stamped images, it adds so much dimension to them. The headband and the bow on her are paper pieced from pink polka dots paper.

Thanks for swinging by today. Hope you like this little "Love U" project of mine.

Gurlee Girl Stamp

Kisses Girl

This card was entered into the following challenges:

17 comments:

  1. WoW...stunning!!! This is sooo pretty. I luv the colouring, layout and all the pretty flowers.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chel,

    Where did you get the box tutorial?

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning project! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelsea
    your card is gorgeous and I love the flowers they are beautiful with the gems in the centre.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! gorgeous work Chelsea! going to check out that tutorial I love making my own flowers! thanks for sharing, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Chel!...Is there anything that you CAN"T do? lol! These are beautiful flowers wow!:)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Chelsea, super stunning springs to mind!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, this is just GORGEOUS!!! Soooo wonderful!! And your flowers?!!! ABSOLUTELY DIVINE!!
    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Chelsea these a great, love your box with the sweet little image too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what a beautiful box you made
    love it
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your project is just STUNNING !!!
    I'm speachless...
    Your flowers are more gorgeous than in the tutorial !!!
    No No I don't like...I'm just TOTALLY in love with your creations !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic flowers!!!! Great job and thanks for the tutorial link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning box!
    Such a pretty girl and details and design are gorgeous.
    I love it!

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    Woow so lovely cards,beutiful colors and images:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh wowww Chelsea,what a beautiful box,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic box so gorgeous and just look at all the yummy flowers xx "simply beautiful" xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chel, your box is amazing. I love how you can see your flowers through it. Those flowers are amazing I tried making those once but they came out weird, yours look so real. You should sell them. hint hint. And your Gurlee Girl stamp is so precious.
    Hugz Bonnie

    ReplyDelete