I'm going to share another tutorial today.
I love making these tiny fairy wings to go with my stamped images.
It's fairly easy to make, not to mention alot of fun too!
I'll show you the basic steps for making the wing, the embellishing and decorating part is up to your imagination.
You can keep it plain or be creative and add unique details to your one-of-a-kind wing.
Of course, I love to embellish...and this is the result...
These are the materials I used to make my fairy wings...
- Belles 'N Whistles Stamp - Fairy Fond Thoughts
- Iridescent films
- Wire with plastic coating
- Clear Gallery Glass
- Polyester Glitter
Are you ready? Lets get started...
Step 1 -Framing of Wings
- Stamp the image with wings you'ld like to use
- Place one sheet of Iridescent film over the stamped image
- Cut and shape wire along the edge of the wings
- Place the cut wire on the film
- add transparent glue to the connecting wires
Step 2 - Gallery Glass
- after the glue completely dry, add the clear Gallery Glass
Step 3 - Glitter
- While the Gallery Glass is still wet, add the glitter
- make sure to use polyester glitter, it will have an iridescent look when heated
Step 4 - Second Film Layer
- Add the second layer of film to the glitter gallery glass, let dry.
- Once dry, cut the wing into shape
Step 5 - Heating
- Carefully place the wing over a flame
- Heat around the edges and add tiny holes by carefully placing over flame.
Step 6 - Finished wing
- This is the finished look, now it's time to decorate
Step 7 - Final Wing
- Decorate as you wish
- I've added flower soft, micro beads, and a tiny flower
- notice the wing has shrunk, this is due to the heating process
That's it! Hope you like this tutorial and find it useful.
I will be back to share the completed project with this wing soon!
Until then, have a wonderful day and thanks for your visit.