2011-09-29

Pretty Pebbles Tutorial

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the comments on the pebbles you see on my cards.
Today, I would like to share a tutorial on how I make these little beauty.

But first, here are some highlighted pictures of how I use these pebbles...

So here we go...

Materials needed:

  • Scrap Papers
  • Glass Pebbles
  • Fiskars Circle Punch
  • Ranger Glossy Accent

This is how I make my pebbles...

Step 1 -Punching

  • After you have picked out your scrap papers, take your fiskars circle punch and punch out the desired image.
  • Here are a few butterfly punch outs.
  • You can now ink the edges or add glitter to the images if you wish.

Step 2 - Adding Adhesive

  • Add a small amount of Glossy Accent to your punched-out image

Step 3 - Adding Pebble

  • Gently place the glass pebble on the circle image with the Glossy Accent as an adhesive.

Step 4 - Finished Look

  • The results are these beautiful bubble pebbles.

You can use scrap papers, vintage print out, words/saying.
Hope this tutorial useful.
If you use this technique, I would love to see them. Please leave me a message with link to your project.

Here are links to my other Tutorials:
Coloring with Distress Inks
Spotlight Technique
Fairy Wings

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea~
    Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial.... I really like this very much... I just need to go and get my bottle of glossy accents and I will give this a try.....
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your tutorial!
    its very beautiful!
    greetings, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea this is gorgeous tut, i love how you make them, i cannot find any pebbles over here x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chelsea ,.. they look amazing
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you hunni!
    I´ll definatly try this :) Looks easy peasy ;)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. these pebbles are gorgeous, never seen tem before, are they just available from craft shops? louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelsea, absolutely awesome tutorial!! I need to get one of those smaller punches, but other than that I have everything I need and will for sure give this a try...thanks for sharing!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chel! Thanks for the awesome tutorial on these gorgeous pebbles. Just a quick question where do you get your glass pebbles? I got mine at Michaels are they are not that clear at all.
    Thank you
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab tutorial, they look amazing!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Chelsea this is AWESOME!!!! Gonna try it FOR SURE :)
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh what a cool tutorial! Thank you for sharing this!

    Love,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there hun,

    I had a feeling that's how you did them and i'm so pleased you have listened and showed us so thanks so much for your valuable tutorial and showing that you listen to your followers! Hugs to you my friend, Vick xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah Bonnie but yours are stunning too, its hard work in the U.K we don't have half of the embellies you lot over there have, me very jealous, LOL........I hear so much about Michaels for over 2 years now, so wish we had Michaels over here............if i find somewhere they sell them here in the UK guys, i will blog it on here! Love Vick xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Girlies, I hope Chelsea won't mind, im sure she wont, if you didnt mind thanks lovely lady!!! I have found out where we (in the U.K) can buy something similar to the glass or acrylic domes/pebbles/bubbles, i have purchased some and will let you know what i think when they are delivered next Mon/Tues (10th/11th Oct) but i have bought the Epiphany Crafts 14mm clear domed bubbles that go with their button machine, however, i havent got or purchased the machine for over £24.00 as i cant afford at the moment but they are clear domed epoxy bubbles around £4.50 for 32 of them so i will let you know how i go on! Vick xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Guys,
    Just first of all i have to thank Chelsea from the bottom of my heart for letting me post about the bubbles/pebbles, my findings on the Epiphany ones was good, they were delivered and i have tried one tonight, there is a picture on my blog that i have attached to a post tonight, hope thats ok Chelsea, so people in U.K if you are still struggling to find bubbles check them out, love all your creations Chelsea, you are a great source of inspiration to my sweetie, hugs vick xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello,

    Can you mail a card that has one or more of these bubbles, or will the bubbles make the card too thick to mail?

    after you have made the bubble you could attach a magnet to the bottom and presto! you have a pretty magnet for the fridge or wherever. I don't know how much weight it would hold, you'd have to check it out. Worth a try!

    ReplyDelete