2012-01-14

Birthday Card and Altered Bottle - Sarah Kay

Are you having a good weekend? I've been looking forward to it all week long.
I can finally share a project that I've been working on.
It's a Birthday card for a dear friend and along with it is an altered glass jar with some buttons, pearls, and lace.
I really hope she likes it.

Here is the glass jar that I've altered. You can find the tutorial on how I color my glass jars here.
Doesn't the silk flower look so beautiful?
The flower alone is just stunning, but adding in random string of pearls make it interesting and so so pretty.

I wanted to make something soft and sweet ... just like her!

Sarah Kay Stamp: Spring is Back
Coloring Medium: Distress Inks & Watercolors
Paper: October Afternoon & My Minds Eye

I'm so happy to stopped by today, thanks so much!
Have a wonderful weekend, see you soon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! (she knows who she is --- oxoxo)


23 comments:

  1. Oh this is so wonderful! Love the softness, fantastic work!
    Hugs Kizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mission accomplished! It is very soft and sweet. Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea this is just so pretty and loving the soft colours! Have a great weekend Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelsea-
    Love the soft colours you used on this card, and Sarah Kay is beautiful as ever... I'm sure your friend will be happy to receive such a beautiful card from you.
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as always dear Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, delicate and feminine! Amazing work, Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sute your friend will like it 'cause these presents are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh she will love it ... its so pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chelsea, what a gorgeous birthday-card, wow and that bottle turned out so nice.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Chelsea, this is absolutely gorgeous! The softness of it is amazing and that altered jar...fabulous! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning creation Chelsea! I loved your jar tutorial such lovely work hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful Chelsea that I want to cry.. *tears* So gorgeous... your friend is a very lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chelsea,
    Another GORGEOUS card. Love the soft colors, pearl, and beautiful altered glass. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous, so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so soft and gorgeous.
    Happy New year :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is fabulous chelsea, very beautiful card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Chelsea, your designs are so unique and beautiful. Stunning creation! She's not going to LIKE it, she's going to LOVE it and feel so honored to receive it. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  18. The card is so sweet and gorgeous, I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. O-my-bejeebus thank you so much for your sweet words Chelsea!! :) It totally made my day! I completely adore seeing your gorgeous work-- so uplifting and so delicate and so dainty! You are such an inspiration... and I mean that with all my craft-loving being. :) Hugs and love! <3 Bora

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, this is so amazing! Love the card with all the pearls, and the folded ribbon... Its so gorgeous!
    The bottle with pearls and buttons is just stunning.

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete