2013-01-17

Fairy Wing Card

Creating something different is always a fun challenge for me, so I've decided to take on the challenge at Deep Ocean which is to create anything but square. I've used two Spellbinders "Blossom Four" to create this shape, then added some embellishments for eye candy. For her fairy wings, stamp a couple of Martha Stewart butterfly stamp on transparency paper then roughly cut them out. To get the edges to curl, run them over a candle flame and shape them with your tweezer. Then layer them on top of each other for the completed look.

There's also a challenge at The Shabby Tea Room "Antique Rose" and its a photo inspiration plus the use of rose and fabric/ribbon. I made the pink and blue rose and long with the ribbon bow out of fabric. I hope it's "antique" enough.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a beautiful day and I'll see you next time.

~Chelsea


15 comments:

  1. Just stunning! I love the shape and that butterfly is gorgeous as is your flower cluster. The rose is perfect for the challenge, thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning creation Chelsea.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquisitely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant piece of art you have here. Love it.
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Chelsea this is just stunning sweetie what beautiful work hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ... so, so ... SO pretty! So soft, beautifully embellished and elegant! Just a lovely work of art! Thanks for sharing your work with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! this is too sweet! love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    This is stunning! I love the pastel colours used and the vintage feel to it.

    Lv Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card! And you take gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWIE!!! How gorgeous and elegant is this???? I'm in total awe. Whenever I see your creations, I must say I always admire them for a LONG time. Thanks for your sweet comment on my last post too. Have a fun and crafty weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning creation. Love the flowers, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! Stunning creation!!! gourgeous wings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chelsea - wow! This is so beautiful! Your work is always soft and gorgeous. Love this! And love the wings! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing how you made them.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete