2013-06-01

CLP-59 June's Sketch challenge


Hi everyone!  I can't believe June is already here, where did the time go?  Well, since it's the beginning of the month, I wanted to share my card for the new challenge over at the CLP Sketch challenge blog.   I hope you'll be able to join us this month.  My fellow teammates have some gorgeous card to showcase as well, please visit the blog to see their amazingly gorgeous work.  Here is the Sketch for the month of June.

 
and below is my take on the Sketch ...
 I love to layer lace and ribbon to make them fuller and more unique.  The pleated ribbon was pretty easy to make (if you have the pleating foot for your sewing machine).  I tore strips of white muslin, tea dyed it and ran it through the machine and there you have it ... beautifully made pleated ribbon.
 I will make fabric/paper flowers every chance I get.  I find it makes my card different and unique.  It's always fun to make them, and I hope to be doing more tutorial on them too.


I was crunching for time so I grabbed a bunch of my handmade flowers and use them as the focal point instead of a cute image.  :(  I hope you still like it.  Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you have a great weekend!  Please don't forget to join the fun this month!  Take care and I'll see you shortly.

Much Love,
Chelsea

16 comments:

  1. ooh this is so pretty - love the flowers
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh chelsea!! you are certainly a master of embellishments...i just love your take on the sketch... stunning girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your take on the Sketch is adorable dear Chel, i love it. Ok, i do love your coloring sooooo much, but this non-coloring card is absolutly gorgeous. I do love your handmade flowers also.
    Hope you're doing well. Have a lovely weekend hun.

    Much Love, Dunja xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Chelsea.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G Chelsea!
    I loooove your creations! They are so beautiful and special with all yummy embellishments, flowers, ribbon.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pure lusciousness, Chelsea!
    You are an incredible artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it! The flowers are stunning, I cant believe you made those! Amazing work! The colors are perfect and I just love that is is a little different.

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOOW!!! Soooo beautiful Chelsea! As always, I enjoy seeing all the fun and interesting elements on your creations. This is stellar elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this card Chelsea. The flowers are simply gorgeous and make the focal point so delicate. The pleated muslIn ribbon and laces add romance and textures to this beautifully sculptured card.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!! Just stunning!!!!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is "Simply Stunning" hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous Chelsea! "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful work
    Great made
    and wonderfully decorated

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like it? I absolutely love it! It is so incredibly beautiful Chelsea, every single detail is so feminine and gorgeous! Thanks for the tip on the pleated ribbon, I never thought of that, I'll have to try it. Looking forward to your flower tutorial, you make the most amazing flowers! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! very beautiful card, I love

    ReplyDelete
  16. Мне так нравится твой стиль!!!

    ReplyDelete