2014-09-02

"Beauty" shabby chic card - carnation flower tutorial

How have you all been?  I took a crafting break to spend time with my family, always a wonderful time seeing them.  

Today I'm sharing my card and a tutorial on how to make carnation flowers with tissue paper.  It's basically the same technique used on my previous tissue paper tutorial, hopefully you'll find it easy to follow.  







Would you like to learn how to make these pretty carnations?  Please continue reading and follow my step-by-step tutorial ... it's easy and fun!

Materials:  tissue paper, tattered flower garden die, distress stain, marker, white glue, foam sheet, tweezer,  bone fold, and a brush.
After cutting out your flower shape, wet the edge with water.  I'm using distress stain for a little bit of color.
While the flower edge is still wet, take the tip of a marker and go around once again.  This will give a darker flower edge like the carnation flower.
Let the flower dry then separate each flower.  You will need 5 flowers for each carnation.
Take your bone fold tool and give it some texture by running the tip of the tool from the outer to the center of the flower.
This is what each flower should look like ...
... now fold the flower in half ...
... fold once again ...


... then give a pinch to the pointed bottom.  This will make the flower more dimensional.

You will need to make two of these.
3 open flowers and 2 closed flowers                                     
Add glue and assemble the flowers together.                           
3 open flowers glued together.                                                
Add the last 2 closed flowers to the center of the carnation.                                           
and your carnation flower is complete.                                 

Thanks for reading, I hope you find this post helpful.  Have a wonderful day.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea! Glad to hear you had a grand time with your family. Missed 'ya in blog land. Once again, you've created a stunning and elegant card filled with your special touch and lovely details/elements. Hope you have a wonderful day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, girl, you never cease to amaze me with your talent! Your card is an exquisite work of art!!!!!
    Your carnation tutorial is outstanding....you make it look so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Very beautiful! So gently and air! Chelsea, i admire your creativity. Thanks for tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous Chelsea and thanks for the tutorial.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you and thank you I am going to have sooooooooooooooo much fun creating these mwahhhhhh
    Another stunning creation from you the flowers are out of this world and the papers are so romantic
    Hope you are well and everything is ok your way
    Jacki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Chelsea! Thanks for sharing this fabulous tutorial. I would love to have you join me in my blog celebration for a chance to win FREE prizes. Follow (if not already), leave comment on the celebration link. If you like my Facebook page; you will have a chance to win in a separate drawing. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to tell you that your card is stunning! I was so thrilled with your flower tutorial that I forgot about the gorgeous card. LOL! Have a terrific day Chelsea. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wonderful! Thank you for the perfect tutorial!
    Have a nice evening

    Annarita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your design is absolutely breathtaking Chelsea, I love it so much! It's so soft and tranquil, beautiful pastel colors. Your tutorial is fantastic, thank you so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning card! Thank you for the tutorial!!! I love your tutorials, they are so easy to follow. Thanks to you I learned how to make pretty poinsettia flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the loveliest card I have ever seen. Really beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers is so delicate! Love it very much!
    Regards,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card. I love every detail, I mean the whole design! Thank you for sharing your design, this would be a great help for those who are a fan of making cards. and by the way, I love your photography, nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's clever and so very pretty

    Jan uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. these flowers are just simply beautiful...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete