2014-12-05

Today is for you - shabby chic card

 Taking a break from making Christmas cards and back to making girly shabby chic cards.  I simply enjoy making these cards and I'm so happy to share them with you.  Most of the embellishments on this card are handmade; clay hearts, stickpins, glass pebble, flowers and even the script paper (I'll share how I make them ... keep reading ... )
 I added two layers of tulle under the papers, a strip of Spellbinder die cut on vellum with added pearls on top.  To make the script paper I stamped a script image on vellum paper then emboss with clear powder.  I then added some acrylic paint (Martha Stewart "Porcelain Doll") on the embossed image and used a cardboard to spread and scrape off the excess paint.  Let it dry, then give it a torn edge by tearing the vellum paper.
 I'm falling back in love with seam binding ... so soft and full of volume.  I added a glass pebble (tutorial on the sidebar) and finished off with two pearly stickpins.
 "Today is for You" is a sticker by K&Co.  I stick it on a piece of muslin then some fran-tage around the edges.  I shared these clay hearts are from a few post back, they can be used on cards and as gift tags.
I emboss the paper for some texture, added flower soft and inked the edges.

I'm so happy its Friday!  Need to wrap up some presents and send them on their way!  Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for your visit.
Chelsea

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Chelsea, this is heavenly beautiful! I love every single detail on this piece of art! Entire card is filled with abundance of stunning embellishments! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The precious details, your unique style...everytime it's a pleasure to me to see your enchanting creations!! Simply beautiful!!
    Thank you so much for your visit!
    Un abbraccio e buon fine settimana.

    Annarita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! Beauty and tenderness in every detail...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelsea. I must say you really ROCK making the most sweet, feminine, and exquisite shabby cards. So much sweetness is every aspect and the elements are out-of-this-world BEAUTIFUL. Have a fun and super crafty weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All around the busy New Year's troubles, but you have a gentle spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning sweetie, this is really super gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exquisite Chelsea, your personally is beautifully melded into this very delicious shaddy creation! A ray of sunshine to an otherwise dreary winter day . . . thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete